Beanbags, cushions, disco balls, joss sticks, sarongs and candles.
What more could you ask for on a Thursday night?
How about an awesome platform for musicians, professionals and amateurs alike, to come and play some sweet tunes too.
If that were not reason enough, all players get a free drink.
If you would like a slot, here's how to do it...
- Book Friday morning off work!
- Turn up with your guitar/piano/kazoo... We have a guitar you can borrow if you don't have one. We can even arrange a piano if you give us a heads-up.
- Announce yourself to one of the team and book your slot in the running order.
- Claim your free beverage, sit back, relax, and wait for your turn to send out some tunes. Enjoy the atmosphere and support the other acts.
- Please tune and check your instruments and make everything works before you play. We like a quick change over between acts.
- Get on stage (have a joke ready if it's your first time) and bring the thunder!
We try to give everyone 3 songs. It can get quite busy so no big medleys or longwinded stories about how you were feeling when you wrote the song.
We're not a karaoke bar. We'll accept pre-recorded backing in exceptional cases but we do prefer live performances. We can usually find a musician willing to play for you - just ask.
You may get more (or less) time on stage depending on the number of acts wanting to play. If you go overtime, we might shoot, cut or burn you (or just
turn the PA down... Whichever we're in the mood for).
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!
See you soon...
The Sunset Lounge.